Step One: Research the topic “renewable energy.”
The following resources may be useful:
• United Nations
• Pew Research
• Ted Talk Playlist
• Opposing Viewpoints (PGCC Library Database) – Renewable Energy
• U.S. Department of Energy
Step Two: Consider the Paris Agreement.
The Paris Agreement is a legally binding international treaty on climate change. … Its goal is to limit global warming to well below 2, preferably to 1.5 degrees Celsius, compared to pre-industrial levels. To achieve this long-term temperature goal, countries aim to reach global peaking of greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible to achieve a climate neutral world by  (United Nations).
Step Three: Respond to the following scenario.
You are the President of the United States. You must decide IF and HOW the United States should proceed on a path towards carbon neutrality/net zero emissions by 2050, per the 2016 Paris Agreement.
⎯ Opening: Please use this direct wording:
• The United States [WILL/WILL NOT] endeavor to reach carbon neutrality/net zero emissions by 2050, per the 2016 Paris Agreement.
⎯ Body: In two or more paragraphs, please:
• Explain why you, as the President, decided to work towards or abandon the Paris Agreement.
• Explain your next steps for the country regarding this issue.
⎯ Conclusion: Briefly pull together your thoughts and intentions as the President on this issue.
As you compose this paper, consider the following:
⎯ Short term impact/Long term impact
⎯ Financial cost of transitioning/Financial cost of not transitioning
⎯ Jobs gained/Job lost
⎯ Environmental impact
⎯ Public support/Public opinion
⎯ Example to the world/Example to U.S. citizens/Example to future generations