Here are the links (instructions are screenshots)
Introduction to defining sustainability – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ7X-1CX4a0
How to analyze complex problems – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e351uQla9MM
Sustainable Fisheries article
Dear Writer of my Policy Brief,
Thank you for the help you are supplying me with. I’d like a policy brief over public transportation in New York City. If you have a topic in mind over something else easier, please let me know maybe we can go ahead with that instead. I have attached a policy brief example below.
Thank you once again!
Prompt as per Professor:
You will prepare a 2-4 page policy brief advocating for a specific legal/economic mechanism to address a environmental challenge. The purpose of this portion of the assignment is ensure exposure to the process and purpose of preparing a policy brief, as well as practical experience in doing so. Your brief should include, at minimum, the following**:
2) An executive summary: a paragraph broadly recapping the entire brief. Use any important
buzzwords and emphasize the relevance of research to proposed policy.
particularly important or current. Put the research into context.
4) Methods, approaches and results (body): communicate the research/project findings in an
accessible manner to non-specialists. Explain the methodology used to reach the results (avoiding overly technical details), such as a synthesis of existing research/literature or new research/data.
5) Conclusions: reinforce the key message your target audience should take away from the policy brief. Key conclusions will appear in the executive summary – here you provide more detail.
6) Policy recommendations: ideally you will make a single, strong policy recommendation. If you include more than one recommendation, be sure to differentiate them clearly.
7) References and suggested sources: try to limit references to the key/most important pieces, and suggest a few additional sources where policymakers may find additional/interesting background material and/or details to the policy issue.